Celebrate the various food traditions of the Twin Cities and beyond in this one-day community event. Sponsored in conjunction with the exhibition Foodways. All events are free and take place in the MCAD Main Gallery.
Pop-Up Card Workshops
1:00, 2:00, and 3:00 p.m. with Sherry Muyuan He '18, MFA
Honey and Tea Tasting with the Tea Man
- Open to bakers of all ages!
- Contest juried by Amy Thielen, author of Give a Girl a Knife and The New Midwestern Table.
- Prepared dishes and recipes must be dropped off at MCAD's Main Gallery between 1:00 and 2:00 p.m.; tasting begins at 2:30 p.m.
- Five $100 cash prizes awarded to best entry in the following categories: Appetizers/Snacks, Bread, Soups/Salads, Casseroles/Main Dishes, Desserts.
- See complete rules and entry forms.
Bring non-perishable food items for donation to the local nonprofit the Food Group. Blue collection bins are in the MCAD Main Gallery through August 12.
Events and exhibitions are always free and open to the public. For more information or any disability accommodations, please contact Kerry Morgan, director of gallery and exhibition programs, at 612.874.3667 or firstname.lastname@example.org.