Your computer’s OS has a built-in application called FontBook.app that manages all of the installed fonts on your system. This article describes how to work with fonts in FontBook.
To add fonts:
- Launch Font Book from the Applications folder.
- If you want to a font to a new collection:
- Click the plus button below the Collection section
- Give this new section a name.
- Drag and drop the fonts files from the desktop or a finder window into the new collection you created.
- If you want to add it to an existing collection, drag and drop the font file onto the collections name in the left pane.
- If you don't want to start a new collection or add to an existing collection, just drag the font file on top of the User collection.
To preview fonts:
- Select the particular font from the Font pane in Font Book.
- From the Preview menu, select Sample, Repertoire or Custom.
- If you select Custom, you will be able to enter your own text in the preview pane and adjust the size with the Size slider or the drop-down menu.
To delete fonts:
- From within FontBook, find the font you wish to delete.
- Select it and choose File > Remove.
To disable fonts:
- Highlight the collection or font you would like to disable.
- Select Edit > Disable.
Note: You cannot disable or delete fonts used by the OS (system fonts).