Your 2017 1098-T tax information is now available to access online.
The 1098-T or, "Tuition Statement", is used to help calculate education credits (and potentially, the tuition and fees deduction) for qualified tuition and related expenses paid during the 2017 tax year.To learn more, read, 'Understanding Your 1098-T Tuition Statement'.
To access student 1098-T documents, follow the instructions below:
1. Visit GetMyDocument. In order to retrieve your document securely, you will need a security code or, 'Certificate'.
2. Click thegreen, 'Request Certificate' box.
3. Locate your school from the dropdown and complete the online request form. You will receive a security code, or 'certificate' code by email.
4. Return to GetMyDocument and click the green, 'Retrieve Document' box.
5. Enter the certificate code you received via email and verify your identity with either your SSN/TIN (Tax ID Number) or MCAD ID number.
6. Note: Parent tax filers should provide the name and SSN/TIN of the student. However, you will need to provide an email address that you can easily access in order to retrieve the security code/certificate.
Still have questions? Visit 1098-T for more information.
Wednesday, January 24