The Peer Mentor Program is currently looking for Peer Mentors for the 2018-2019 academic year. The purpose of the program and the qualifications of a mentor are listed below. Peer Mentor positions are paid positions, and mentors are hired for the entire 2018-2019 academic year. Applications will be due by Friday, April 6th, 2018. Interviews will take place in the Learning Center between April 23rd and April 27th. Please feel free to email the Learning Center with any questions.The purpose of the peer mentor program is to provide first-year MCAD students with a mentor and a small cohort of fellow students to aid in the transition to college/a new semester and give support for study skills, technology and financial literacy.Mentors provide new students with a pathway to success at MCAD through weekly emails, face-to-face meetings, tips on time management for academic success, updates on art & design activities in the greater Minneapolis area, and are go-to experts for all things MCAD.
Interested Applicants Must:
- Meet the qualifications listed below
- Complete the online application form
- Supply the name of one MCAD reference (faculty, staff or administrator)Peer Mentor Position Qualifications (Description & Expectations)
- Be a rising sophomore, junior or senior
- Have a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher
- Committed to be on campus for the entire 2018-2019 academic year, excluding breaks
- Be self-motivated with a positive attitude
- Be willing to learn and share information about the MCAD community, student life, and campus resources
- Demonstrate good interpersonal and communication skills
- Have a genuine desire to help their peers succeed
- Demonstrate leadership potential
- Be interested in working with diverse populations
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the Peer Mentor Program Coordinator, Hallie Bahn at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to receiving your applications!