Last Friday, Apple released updates both for macOS and iOS devices. These updates address a security concern that was recently discovered in the previous release of Apple's operating systems. We in the MCAD Technology department strongly recommended that you run the latest updates from Apple on both your MCAD laptop and any personal devices like iPhones and iPads. Detailed below is the process for how to install updates on your devices.
macOS Software Update - Instructions for updating laptops and desktops
Important note: This updates requires that you restart your computer. Please save all work and close applications before beginning this update.
- Click the apple menu and select App Store from the drop down menu.
- Once the App Store opens, click the button at the top of the window labeled Updates
- Allow the window to search for a few minutes. During this time, you'll see a small rotating sunburst in the upper left of the window that indicates a search is taking place. Once the search is complete, you'll see the following update. Once it appears, click the Update button next to the entry.
- You will be notified that the computer needs to restart to install this update. Click the Download and Restart button to proceed with the installation.
- Allow the update to install. Your computer is now safe from potential threats!
iOS - Instructions for updating iPads and iPhones
If you have any trouble while following these instructions, please bring your devices to the Help Desk and we'll walk you through the update process.
- Your friends at the MCAD Help Desk