Dear MCAD students,
Congratulations on finishing your fall semester!
We are already thinking about spring 2018 and the upcoming Made at MCAD. All full-time, degree-seeking students are invited to participate in this all-student juried exhibition. This is a great opportunity to celebrate the excellent work done by BFA, BS, and MFA students.
- Luis Fitch, 2014 McKnight Visual Artist Fellow and founder/creative director of UNO Branding
- Jessica Henderson, '11, MFA, associate professor of design at Bethel University
This year's jurors are both fully ensconced in the fine art and design fields so we will not divide the artwork into two distinct camps. Instead, one juror will be assigned half of the categories (animation, comic art, drawing, painting, filmmaking, furniture design, illustration, photography, print/paper/book, product design, graphic design, sculpture, installation, web and multimedia environments) and one will be assigned the other half.
- Art drop-off in Main Gallery: Wednesday, March 7, 9:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- Jurying: Thursday, March 8
- Notification of selection: Thursday, March 8
- Pick up of art not selected: Friday, March 9
Show opens March 23 and will be on view through April 20.
Reception: Friday, March 30, 6:00-8:00 p.m.
We look forward to receiving your entries on March 7! Let us know what questions you might have (after reading the attached flier).
Also, we would like to hire an MCAD student to be the DJ for the reception on March 30. If you are interested in this gig, let us know.
Wishing you a wonderful holiday season,
Kerry and Melanie