The Peer Mentor Program is currently looking for Peer Mentors for the 2017 fall semester. The purpose of the program and the qualifications of a mentor are listed below. Peer Mentor positions are paid positions, and mentors are contracted for one full semester at a time.
We would encourage you to look into the program and application process. Applications will be due by Friday, April 7th, 2017. Interviews will take place in the Learning Center in following weeks before the end of the semester. We hope to hear from you! Please feel free to email the Learning Center with any questions.
The purpose of the peer mentor program is to provide first-year MCAD students with a mentor and a small cohort of fellow students to aid in the transition to college/a new semester and give support for study skills, time management, metacognition, and multiliteracy, including technology and financial literacy.
Peer Mentors are current students in good academic and social standing who have experience as successful leaders at MCAD. Through regular meetings and communication, mentors provide new students with a pathway to success at the college and support towards graduation to reach their academic and personal goals.
Peer Mentor Position Qualifications (Description & Expectations)
- Be a rising sophomore, junior or senior
- Be in good academic and social standing
- Committed to be on campus for the entire fall semester 2017
- Be willing to learn and share information about the MCAD community, student life, and campus resources
- Demonstrate good interpersonal and communication skills
- Have a genuine desire to help their peers succeed
- Demonstrate leadership potential
- Be self-motivated with a positive attitude
- Display a willingness to learn about different cultures
We look forward to receiving your applications!