MCAD is launching its first ever Arts Entrepreneurship Pitch Fest Competition on April 5, 2019 from 5:00 PM – 7:30 p.m. This is an exciting opportunity for MCAD undergraduates to stretch their creative thinking, consider how they can impact the world, and win some fantastic award money.
A panel of jurors have been selected that represent a mix of creatives and other professionals to watch the final presentations on April 5th and select winners.
Join us for the final presentations to learn more about these innovative pitches, support the students, and cast your vote for audience favorite. Please RSVP here...
- $5,000 - first place
- $2,500 - second place
- $1,500 - third place
- $1,000 - audience favorite not receiving another award
- Ching Thao, Kelsey Maher, and Rachel Bostic for their project Studio Lumo
- Rob Stankey for the project Lid Loft
- Andres Nelson, Zack Brandinelli, Aaron Yankowiak, Dylan Chazin-Bowman, Shane Toomey, Kai Patrick for their project SABER
- Kasey Lyons to develop a mental health coloring book app
- Ashley Koudou and Mase Santos for their project Thrive Minneapolis**
- Hannah Jerrie, Emily Allen, Iris Monahan, and Theo Stultz to develop an arts anthology collective
- Patrick Howard to develop a sustainable real estate venture
- Beta DeFlorian for Project Courtside
- Zack Brandinelli, Joseph Andriani and Spencer Scott for the project Lazer
- Claire Boonstra for the project HeartSweet
- Sarah Billings and Eleanor Strong for their project Sela Sol Toys
- Audrey De Ridder for the project SchoolHouse
Applicants who were not selected as finalists are invited to table in the lobby of the event to promote their venture and meet potential partners and customers.
This inaugural competition is sponsored in part by the Smaby Family Foundation and MCAD.
Thanks to our additional event sponsors: Theater of Public Policy, Velasquez Family Coffee and VoiceHive.