We would like to welcome students, faculty, and staff to see Parker Boisvert's TYPE WRYTE, on display in the Library Gallery.
In a more analog approach to the art of ascii, TYPE WRYTE features the typewriter-based works of Parker Boisvert. Within this contrived intersection of text and illustration, the advantages and quirks of an unconventional medium are elucidated.
Type as Art:
- Gerd Baumann, Pictowords: Semantic Typography, (2005)
- Barbara Brownie, Type Image, (2011)
- Steven Heller and Gail Anderson, Type Tells Tales, (2017)
- Michael Petry, The Word is Art, (2018)
- Marvin A. Sackner, The art of typewriting: 570+ illustrations, (2015)