As the search begins for MCAD’s next president, the Presidential Search Committee seeks your input. This is an exciting time for the college, and who better to help guide the search for the college’s next leader than those of you who learn, teach, and work here.
Share Your Input
You are invited and encouraged to attend a noontime listening session to share your thoughts, opinions, and ideas. Mark your calendar:
- Students: September 13, Auditorium 140
- Faculty: September 25, Auditorium 150
- Staff: September 26, Auditorium 150
You can also complete a short, confidential survey that invites you to respond to three questions. Please complete the survey by October 1.
- What are the most distinctive features of MCAD?
- What opportunities and challenges does MCAD face in the next decade?
- What attributes would you hope to see in the next MCAD president?
Whether you attend a listening session, complete the survey, or both, your feedback will be invaluable as the search committee creates a profile of key institutional needs and priorities and a related set of desired characteristics and talents of our next president.
Additionally, if you have candidate suggestions, inquiries, and nominations, please direct them in confidence to Carrie Alexander at calexander@IMsearch.com.
The Presidential Search Committee
Led by consultants Sheryl Ash, Ben Tobin, and Carrie Alexander of the national executive search firm of Isaacson, Miller, the committee includes:
- Leslie Berkshire
- Susan Calmenson, Vice Chair, Search Committee
- Uri Camarena
- Greg Heinemann, Board Chair
- David Hartwell, Life Trustee
- David Moore, Jr., Chair, Search Committee and Vice Chair, Board of Trustees
- Ed Charbonneau ’06, Adjunct Professor, Fine Arts
- Katherine Turczan, Professor, Media Arts
- Laura Link, Director, Financial Aid Office
- Candice Davis ’18, Web and Multimedia Environments Major
- Lindsay Nohl ’03, Adjunct Faculty, Design
The search committee looks forward to offering you ongoing updates on our progress. We anticipate beginning outreach and recruitment this fall and hope that MCAD’s new president will be named in the spring of 2019.
Thank you for your interest and support in this important effort.