Dear MCAD Community,
We are pleased to announce a return to an in-person format for the Fall 2021 semester. After much consideration and careful planning, we feel optimistic that we can safely create an environment which allows greater freedom to gather, learn, and live safely on campus. We will integrate insights and innovations gained over the last year to ensure a smooth return for our MCAD community. As always we have placed safety as our top priority. Following or exceeding the Center for Disease Control and Minnesota Department of Health guidelines, we will continue our commitment to safety this fall.
Return to MCAD Campus This Fall
- On-campus housing will return to full capacity.
- Food services will be available at the MCAD Cafe.
- Majority of classes will be in-person and on campus.
- Select classes offered remotely online-both synchronous and asynchronous.
- Select classes offered on campus in a HyFlex format, which enables students to be simultaneously remote or in-person during any given session.
- For Returning Students Only: Fall Course Catalog is now available; log in and go to the Registration tab.
- For New Fall 2021 Students: You will be contacted in May for next steps in class registration.
- Access to facilities and resources (Studios, 3D Shop, Media Center, Learning Center, student counseling etc.) will increase while still following physical distancing guidelines.
- More in-person student activities and wellness events will be organized.
- Guidance on working on campus and/or remotely for Students, Staff, and Faculty will be forthcoming.
Health and Safety On Campus This Fall
- A number of residences will continue to be set aside for quarantine purposes if needed.
- Enhanced cleaning will continue throughout the campus.
- A fully vaccinated college will protect the health of students, staff, and faculty who are on campus. More information will be forthcoming.
Questions or Concerns?
- Refer to our Preparedness Plan for current COVID-19 information.
- For currently enrolled Students and Parents/Guardians, please reach out to Student Affairs.
- For new Fall 2021 Students and Parents/Guardians, please reach out to your Admission Counselor in the Admissions Office.
- For Staff and Faculty, please reach out to your supervisor.
Our community has learned from this past year to be caring and adaptable in equal measure. As we plan on our return to campus this fall, we are prepared to respond and adapt to the ever-changing nature of the COVID-19 pandemic. You all have shown perseverance and empathy that has kept this community strong. We look forward to welcoming you all back in the fall.
Best to you,