Check back often! More important information will be added as it becomes available...
The 3D Shop will close for the semester on May 14th at 9:00 p.m. and open again on June 2nd for summer session.
Please make sure to return all tools and remove projects and materials from all 3D shop spaces.
Anything left will be recycled or thrown away. Please contact Don Myhre (3D shop director) if you have any questions.
Have a great summer!
Academic Services will be open regular office hours, weekdays Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m. over the summer.
Undergraduate Studio Cleanout:
Studio cleanout deadline for all undergraduate students will be NO LATER THAN Wednesday, May 15th. Extra dumpsters, recycling and compost bins will be available in studio areas for you to use the last several weeks of the semester. Please take advantage of these ASAP. Students will need to vacate studio spaces, lockers, common areas, and turn in any studio or locker keys. Failure to do so may result in a fine. Anything abandoned after this time will be recycled by Academic Services staff to prepare for Commencement, building renovation projects, and summer classes, no exceptions! If you have any questions or concerns about this, please contact Academic Services ASAP.
If you would like to apply for a studio space for next Academic Year 2019-20 (beginning Fall semester), or plan on taking summer classes and are interested in applying for a Summer studio space, you may fill out the appropriate application form(s) on Academic Services Intranet page.
ALL Summer and Fall studio applications are DUE BY Tuesday, May 14th the last day of Spring classes. Please remember that studio space on campus is limited, and that applying for a studio space does not guarantee that you will receive one. Academic Services will contact you directly about whether you have received a studio space or not, within the first 2 weeks of the semester.
MFA Studios cleanout:
- All graduating 2nd year MFA students have until Friday, May 31st to vacate their studios on campus. MFA students are given three additional weeks after Graduation than undergraduate students. If you are leaving town immediately after Graduation activities, please plan to have your studio space cleared out before this time. Let us know ASAP if you have any questions or concerns, and remember that your ID card access will expire at that time as well.
- All returning 1st year MFA students are authorized to keep their studio space over the summer, and will retain ID card access. However, if you are traveling or will be away from your studio at all this summer, please clean up your studio area and make certain that all of your belongings are within the boundaries of your studio space, NOT in hallways or galleries before you leave, so that nothing of yours is accidentally moved or recycled by Academic Services, Facilities, or Mia Staff during cleaning and maintenance schedules. Please secure any valuables and close your blinds! Thank you.
- There will be extra garbage / recycling bins available for you to use at MFA Studios in May. In addition, a large dumpster from Atomic Recycling will be arriving at the Studios entrance on Monday, May 20th. Whether you are graduating, leaving, or staying in town, please take advantage of this, and recycle anything you need to at this time. PLEASE NOTE: If you leave behind any large furniture or materials behind for MCAD staff to dispose of YOU WILL BE FINED for its disposal! Thank you for your understanding.
Monday, May 13 & Tuesday, May 14: 10:00 a.m.–7:00 p.m.
May 14 is also the last day to use Student Accounts
Wednesday, May 15–Friday, May 17: 10:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m.
May 20 through May 31: CLOSED for Inventory
June 1 Summer Hours begin: Monday through Friday 10:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m.
Have a great end-of-semester everyone!
The Cafeteria will open open normal hours next Monday 5/13 and Tues 5/14.
We will be closed for Summer Break starting Wed 5/15.
Hope you all have a wonderful Summer!!
Hello from the MCAD Help Desk!
With the semester swiftly coming to a close, we just wanted to send out a few notes about important dates regarding the end of the semester and how that might impact your use and access to MCAD Technology resources. Please read through this document carefully and take note of any of the information that relates to the services you use around campus. We hope everyone has a good break after the semester ends, and we look forward to seeing everyone again when the Summer semester begins on, June 3rd!
The main computer labs (330 and 331) will close for the semester at 5:00 PM on Friday, May 17th.
Be sure to remove all personal and class files from the lab and library workstations before they close. There is a chance we will be reformatting all hard drives and we don't want you to lose any data!!!
The computer labs will reopen on Monday, June 3rd for Summer semester and will remain open until the close of the Summer semester.
Help Desk and Technology Support (Room 319)
Regular Spring semester hours will end at 5:00 PM on Friday, May 17th.
The Help Desk will be open from 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM Monday through Friday outside of staff holidays, between Monday, May 20th and Friday, August 23rd.
MCAD Login, Email, and Equipment (Faculty)
Be sure to remove or backup all personal and class files from shared faculty workstations before you leave for Summer break.
Adjunct faculty using school-owned loaner laptops will need to return them to the Help Desk (319) by noon on Thursday, May 23rd.
Current adjunct faculty that are teaching in a degree program during the Summer session or are scheduled to teach in the Fall semester will have their MCAD login access extended through the Summer session.
Current adjunct faculty that are NOT scheduled to teach in the Fall will have their MCAD login disabled 21 days after the end of the current semester.
All adjunct @mcad.edu email accounts will remain active for one year after their most recent contract end date.
MCAD Login and Email (Students)
MCAD Login (servers and labs) for returning students will remain active over the Summer.
MCAD Login (servers and labs) for Spring 2019 grads will be disabled 21 days from the date of graduation.
MCAD email accounts for Spring 2019 grads will remain active one year after their graduation date.
MCAD PaperCut Account
MCAD PaperCut accounts for all Spring students who are returning in the Fall will have continued access to their accounts and balances in the upcoming semester.
MCAD PaperCut accounts for Spring 2019 grads will be disabled 21 days from the date of graduation.
MCAD PaperCut accounts for adjunct faculty not teaching in the Fall will be disabled 21 days after the end of the semester.
Remaining PaperCut balances cannot be dispersed and will expire when accounts are deactivated. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or concerns.
Student Storage Directories / Student Web Sites
studio.mcad.edu network storage and student websites for Spring 2019 grads will be removed 21 days from the date of graduation.
Please make sure to back up any important spring class work before that time.
class.mcad.edu Spring semester folders will be reset 1 week before the beginning of the following term.
class.mcad.edu Summer session folder access will be available 1 week before the beginning of the following term.
Please make sure to back up any important spring class work before that time.
Coursework server (Faculty)
Two weeks after the start of Summer Semester 2019 the coursework.mcad.edu folders for Spring 2019 will be set to read-only.
Please make sure to back up any important spring class work before that time.
Hazardous Waste (Paints, Solvents, and Caustic) and Electronics
As we reach the end of the semester I just want to remind everyone that hazardous chemicals and electronic waste need to be dispose of properly. You can do this by placing them in the containers located in the following areas.
Hazardous chemicals waste collection containers locations Main building:
- Hallway 122 under sink.
- Studio Area 115 under sink.
- Studio Area 142 under the sink.
- Studio Area 300 under the sink.
- Studio Area 350 under the sink.
- Containers that are labeled for hazardous waste collection will be placed next to the waste dumpsters at buildings 2540 and 2523. (Please do not put hazardous chemicals in the waste dumpsters)
Hazardous chemical waste collection containers locations MFA building:
- 3D shop first floor.
- Lower paint brush cleaning room.
If any of the chemical products you are disposing of are not labeled, please use the labels provided on the top of each of the containers in the areas listed above so they it can be identified. If you have a large amount call me at the number below to make arrangements.
Electronics may not be placed in the trash. Clearly marked container will be available only in the free-shelf area of the Main building for collection.
Late Hours, Now–May 13
Monday–Thursday 8:30 a.m.–Midnight
Friday 8:30 a.m.–5:00 p.m.
Saturday noon–5:00 p.m.
Sunday noon–10:00 p.m.
Summer hours start May 15:
Monday–Friday 9:00 a.m.–4:00 p.m.
Summer Session hours start June 3:
Monday–Friday 8:30 a.m.–4:30 p.m.
Returning students can now checkout and renew books into the summer.
All books must be returned by the last day of classes, May 14. Alumni can signup for a library card for $20/year.
Summer hours start May 15th
10:00 a.m.–6:00 p.m.
Services available during the summer include:
Writing Tutoring - Online, walk-in and in-person appointments.
Software support - By appointment by emailing Aaron Loeks in the Media Center.
Disability Services - Online, walk-in and in-person appointments for referrals, accommodation requests and questions.
Email email@example.com to set up a writing or Disability Services appointment.
Media Center Summer 2019 Student Access Policy
The Media Center window is CLOSED from May 15th to June 3rd.
This is our inventory/ clean up time-there is NO equipment checkout or studio access during this period, without exception! This applies to ALL patrons! Please plan accordingly!
The window reopens for circulations for summer session: June 3rd to August 9th. Window hours are 8:30 a.m.–5:00 p.m., weekdays only.
The Media Center is closed again between summer and fall semesters, with NO circulations - from August 10th to August 26th (the first day of fall semester.)
"Do I have access over summer?" Read on:
If you are pre-enrolled for Fall 2019 classes:
"General Access" items may be checked out for normal circulation periods while the Media Center window is open for summer semester.
"Restricted" item access will be based on student's past enrollment status for the previous spring 2019 semester. Those restricted items available the previous spring will continue to be available over the summer semester.
Studios and Production Areas:
- Black Studio, Gray Studio, Sound Studio: May be reserved throughout summer semester. However, priority for these studios is given to summer classes.
- Analog Photo Darkrooms: Will be available for use for those with appropriate access privileges, but requires you submit a one-time Personal Proposal to request summer semester access. Please note- there are several summer Photo CE classes in session and access to the darkrooms may not be possible at certain times.
"What if I want something for longer, or even the WHOLE summer?"
Requests for General Access items may be made by Personal Proposal for longer summer use, but per above, no items may be out during the dates from 5/15-6/3, and again from 8/10-8/23! Anything checked out MUST be returned by 5pm on Friday, 8/23.
Based on access, summer class needs, etc., we do not guarantee approval.
Restricted items and all laptop kits are NOT eligible for summer-long check-outs.
Printshop and Paper Studios
The Printshop and Paper Studios will be closed to students/faculty/staff/Jerome and McKnight fellows after spring 2019 classes end on May 14 at 9:00 p.m. We will be closed May 15-June 2nd and will reopen June 3rd for summer access.
Printshop/Paper Studio End of the Spring 2019 Semester Information
The last day of classes is Tuesday, May 14th and the Printshop and Paper Studios will close at 9:00 p.m. on May 14th. Please clean out all lockers, flat files, remove all paper, remove screens, clean out flat files, and remove personal items. Anything left behind that does not belong to the Printshop or Paper Studio will be recycled. Please note: remove your screens since they are the personal property of students/faculty and staff and we do not have space to store them. We will be closed from May 15-June 2nd for cleaning, maintenance, studio prep for summer classes. There is no student/staff/faculty access from May 15-June 2nd, so please plan accordingly. We reopen for summer semester classes on June 3rd.
As we end another year Public Safety would like to make the following requests/reminders:
Senior Shows: There are a lot of wonderful displays that have been put up as the end of the semester nears. Many displays contain items that are secured in some way or another. If you have not secured your items yet, please see Academic Services for ideas how to secure your art work.
Lost & Found:
Missing a particular item? Looked everywhere?
Stop by the Public Safety Info Desk and check if the item has been turned in.
- Please do not leave bicycles locked to the bike racks over the summer if your not going to be here.
- Take bikes with you or store them off campus.
- This will help with congestion in the bike racks over the summer, and into the next school year.
- Public Safety will be removing bicycles that appear to be abandoned and removal notice goes unanswered.
- Bicycles locked to structures other than official bike racks, will be removed and confiscated.
- Watch where you park!
- If you park on the street be aware of:
- No Parking time zones
- Fire lanes.
- If possible have someone assist you so that your property is always being watched.
- Always lock your vehicle when going back-and-forth from your apartment.
- It takes only seconds for somebody walking by to nab some of your property in an open vehicle.
- From Wednesday May 15th - Monday May 20th there will be designated loading areas to assist in moving your belongings off campus:
- 2540 lot
- Spaces along the SE side of lot C (south of Main)
- 4 spaces behind 2537 (plus lot C)
If your celebrating the end of the year with friends on-off campus...
- Use buddy system
- Walk in groups
- Tell roommates where your going and when your plan to return!
- Don't accept opened containers from people you don't know!
- Be responsible!
Good luck on Finals and have a Great Summer!
Service Bureau and Digital Print Lab
Regular Service Bureau hours end Tuesday, May 14 at Midnight!
From May 15 - May 31 we will be open 9:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m., Monday–Fridays.
Regular Summer hours will begin Monday June 3 (M-Th 8:30 a.m.–9:30 p.m., F 8:30 a.m.–5:00 p.m.).
PaperCut account reminder:
May graduates should use up their PaperCut balances by the end of May.
Adjunct faculty who will NOT be teaching in Fall 2019 should use up their personal PaperCut balances by the end of May.
Get in touch with us if you've got any questions.
Student Counseling and Wellness Office
The Counseling and Wellness Office will be closed for the summer after Tuesday, May 14th. We will reopen the first day of classes fall semester 2019. Emails will be picked up and responded to intermittently during the summer months. Additional resources are available on the Student Counseling and Wellness Intranet page.
We hope your summer provides rest and renewal, humor and fun, and curiosity and creativity. We also want to say congratulations to all graduating undergraduate and graduate students!!