This scholarship competition is designed for students who are currently enrolled full time in an MCAD degree-seeking program. A minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 or better is required to enter. *Students receiving VA Yellow Ribbon or the Tuition Exchange/Waiver award are not eligible to compete in merit scholarship competitions.
Merit Scholarship Awards will be added onto existing financial aid.
Click on the links below for a list of awards, guidelines, and important dates.
Please read through the Merit Scholarship Guidelines carefully for details on eligibility:
Please see the guidelines for complete details.
**ATTENTION! Submissions will require dropping a folder to the MCAD MERITS SERVER** (excluding MFA)
To access the MERITS server at MCAD:
- From the Finder, pull down Go > Connect to Server. The Connect to Server window appears. Enter the following settings:
- In the Server Address field, enter 'merits.mcad.edu'
- Click "Connect" in the lower right corner of the window.
- Choose the volume "Merits"
- Sign in with your MCAD Login - make sure you use your short username / password combo (e.g. rmoranis /
- The volume will now appear on the desktop, named "Merits".
- Open the volume to find your department. Drop your Merits Documentation folder into the correct department folder for your major. *This is a drop box only, once you submit you will not be able to view your files - please make sure you double check your submission before you drop it!
Feel free to contact our office with questions!
Ema Thoen firstname.lastname@example.org