Every winter at this time we see many in our community feeling sick or just blue, especially during the height of flu season and this unusually overcast month. We want you to take care of yourselves and encourage your friends to do the same!
Preventing the flu from spreading:
- Wash your hands!
- Cough or sneeze into your arm
- Stay home and avoid contact with others if you have symptoms which include *fever, dry cough, sore throat, headache, extreme tiredness, and body aches *(from MN Dept. of Health).
- Get plenty of sleep and drink lots of water
- Get the flu shot (If you are pregnant or have a chronic medical condition, you will want to contact a health provider. Park Nicollet Urgent Care is near campus and can be reached at (952) 993-8000. Or contact your insurance provider.)
Managing the winter blues:
- Get outside as much as possible during the day
- Exercise--any little bit helps
- Make sure to eat foods rich in vitamin D
- Check out a happy lamp (available in the Media Center)
- Reach out to your friends for support
- See a mental health counselor for additional emotional support (available on campus for students)
Stay healthy yourself and be supportive of others this season!
Vice President, Student Affairs