You are here

MCAD Art Sale 2023 — Participation Announcement

Mark your calendar for the much-anticipated MCAD Art Sale 2023 on November 16–18! Held every year the weekend before Thanksgiving, the Art Sale is a chance for MCAD artists to sell their one-of-a-kind artwork. Developed as a professional development opportunity, the sale retains its core values. Whatever you are working on, we want to give you the chance to sell it!

NEW IN 2023!

Based on feedback from MCAD community members (including participating artists, staff, faculty, contract workers, and volunteers), we have made several important changes to this year’s Art Sale: 

  • Alumni, regardless of their graduation year, will be invited to submit artwork.
  • We are limiting artwork submissions to juniors, seniors, and graduate students. Allowing first-year and second-year students to focus on their coursework continues to be our highest priority. And there are many opportunities to participate and earn money! More information to come.
  • You can submit up to 20 pieces of work during the event. We will no longer accept restocks.
  • Maximum prices for individual artwork will be $1,000 for students and $2,000 for alumni. 
  • To enhance the care and handling of artwork during intake and storage, we've redefined roles and responsibilities while adding some new positions specifically to improve the quality care of the artwork.

Rules & Participation Guidelines


Registration is open from Wednesday, Sept. 13, at 8:00 a.m. to Friday, October 20, 2023, at 5:00 p.m. Registration signals your intent to participate as an artist. The process only takes a minute. If you create an account, you are not required to participate in the sale.


On Monday, October 2, you will be able to log in to your inventory account and begin uploading artwork details.

  • You can submit up to 20 pieces of work.
  • The maximum price per piece for a student artist is $1,000.
  • The maximum price per piece for an alum artist is $2,000.
  • We will no longer accept restocks.
  • Multiple quantities DO count toward your 20-piece limit. If you are submitting multiples, we strongly recommend that you do not submit more than five of the same piece.


MCAD does not benefit financially from this event; artists and students do. 80% of art sales go directly to the artists. The remaining 20% from art sales and ticket revenue covers the event's operational costs (temporary wages, equipment, promotion/marketing, printing, and more). Any funds above and beyond projected revenue go into MCAD’s scholarship fund, which supports on average 15-20 students annually.


09/13Signal intent to participate by creating an inventory account.
Available on 09/13 at 8:00 a.m.

09/30Inventory uploads are available. Log in to your inventory account and upload artwork details.

10/20This is the last day to signal your intent to participate. We will not accept new inventory accounts after this time.

11/10All inventory needs to be uploaded and marked “Ready to Print”.
11/11-12Student and alumni intake in the Main Gallery at MCAD
+ Saturday, November 11 (8:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m.)
+ Sunday, November 12 (8:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m.)

11/16-18Art Sale 2023

11/19-21Student and Alumni pick-up windows:
+ Sunday, November 19 (12:00 p.m.–5:00 p.m.)
+ Monday, November 20 (4:00 p.m.–8:00 p.m.)
+ Tuesday, November 21 (4:00 p.m.–8:00 p.m.)

Available Positions:

  • Front of House (Cashier)
  • Floor Staff
  • Back of House (Wrap Station)
  • Shrink Wrappers (10/30-11/10)
  • Installers

Application Deadline: 

  • 10/02/23 for Shrink-Wrap positions
  • 10/30/23 for all other positions

Watch your emails for reminders and updates on upcoming deadlines and opportunities. And remember, your first step is to create an inventory account, available on Wednesday, September 13! 

Apply Now

Please reach out with any questions. We want to do our best to make this event as successful and seamless as possible. 
Art Sale Team

Thursday, September 7