My name is Timothy Gardner, and I am the Learning Center and Disability Services Director at MCAD.
I am writing to you because we are looking for notetakers. Being a notetaker is a position that pays $13.25/hour. You are paid for your time in class spent taking notes, and up to 30 minutes outside of class spent scanning or typing your notes. For studio classes, this can be 30 minutes or more per class, and for Liberal Arts classes, this can be up to three hours per class.
The requirements to be considered to be a notetaker are:
- maintain a 3.0 or higher grade point average
- that you take legible typed or handwritten notes
All notetaking jobs are casual labor. This means you do NOT need work-study to be a notetaker.
Please follow the information below if you would like to be added to our system to be considered for a notetaker position. There is no guarantee that you will have an assignment but once you are in our system then we can see if any of your classes match up with our notetaker requests. If you do match with one of our classes then we may contact you to be a notetaker for that class.
Thank you for your time. If you have questions then please let us know.
How To Become A Notetaker at MCAD
These are the steps to be considered for a Notetaker position with MCAD's Learning Center and Disability Services:
- Click on the Notetaker Application at: ds.mcad.edu.
If you have accommodations then the notetaker application will not be visible to you. In this case, you can email email@example.com to let us know that you want to be a notetaker and we will add you to the system.
- Read the Notetaker expectations.
- If you agree with the expectations, then please continue filling out the application and use your MCAD email address as your email contact.
- Read and sign the electronic Notetaker Contract that is part of the application. This will create your account in our notetaker system.
- Log in to your account at: ds.mcad.edu and click the Notetaker tab.
- Under the 'Request a Notetaking Assignment' section, enter the course registration numbers (CRNs) for your classes.
The CRN includes the subject, course and section. AH170101 without spaces is an example of a complete CRN for section 01 of the Introduction to Art and Design course. You can find the CRN's for your courses on your course schedule at my.mcad.edu.
The Inputting your CRN's into the Notetaker System video can help guide you through this process.
- If you are assigned to be a Notetaker then you will receive an email at your MCAD email address letting you know that you are hired to be a notetaker for the class.
- The hired email will have information about what you need to do after you are hired in order to be paid for your time taking notes in class.
- If you have questions then please contact Disability Services at firstname.lastname@example.org.