Thank you so much for your support this past week to ensure a successful charity fundraiser for MCAD Scholarships, Upstream Arts, Art Buddies, and NEMAA. It was noted again and again by the myTalk team of what a wonderful community we have here, and how they loved the immersive experience.
More than $37,000 was raised for the four charities during the 3-day live broadcast of the myTalk 107.1 radio show from MCAD. Additional fundraising happened on-campus at the myTalk Friday evening gallery show and charity auction, with more than 250 guests visiting MCAD and purchasing the work. More funding for MCAD scholarships will be given to the college and the other three charities from that event as well.
There are so many people to thank for the success of this major event, as almost every campus department contributed in some way:
- Academic Affairs - shout out to Karen Wirth for pulling together Diana Eicher, Camillo Aguirre, Alejandro Zhang in Printmaking, and Don Myhre and the 3D Shop staff -Megan Miller, Binbin Shen, and Jess Kiel-Wornsun- to teach workshops to the myTalk hosts and creating the amazing artwork that was auctioned on Friday; and Erin Moren, for her on-air interview and woodshop workshop
- Academic Services - for the amazing job of gallery set-up, reserving and setting spaces on campus, installing, wrapping, labeling, and carrying the artwork during the auction - David Braderry, Jeff Jones, Nick Kovatch, Katie Nelson, Julian Howley, Brendan Barrett, Jaime Kubat, Christopher Alday, Anna Casey and Donna Meyer
- Business Office - Mary Yang Thao for support
- Cafeteria - David, Ernesto, and Rafa for coffee and lunches for the myTalk team
- Communications - for the beautiful posters and signage, and event support on mcad.edu, email, and social media: Grace Olson, Hannah Taylor, Dylan Cole, Kayla Campbell, Steven Candy, Shelby Pasell, Brandie Zaspel
- Continuing Education - Lara Roy for staffing the MCAD table at the gallery show
- Facilities/Maintenance/Custodial - Ken Williams, Gerardo Reyes, Sam Reasoner, Bryan Johnson, Bill Thrasher and team for support
- Financial Aid - Laura Link and Kaleigh Miller for an on-air interview
- Institutional Advancement - Cindy Theis for an on-air interview and event support
- IT/Network - Mike Holisky, Nate Gagner, and Hal Wells for support
- Media Technology - Scott Bowman and team for support
- President's Office - Sarah Harding and Sanjit Sethi for support
- Public Safety - to all of the officers for their 24-hour support, including letting the myTalk team in at 5:30 am every day!
- Scholarship Fundraising - To everyone who gave to the MCAD Scholarship fund to support our students, THANK YOU
- Volunteers - To all of you that volunteered additional time to support this event, THANK YOU
I am so proud to be a member of the MCAD community and to work alongside with you all - the college really shined this past week in so many ways because of your contributions. Thank you.