Dear MCAD Community,
As you may have read in this morning's email from Public Safety, we were notified that a carjacking took place on the 2500 block of Stevens Avenue adjacent to the main building of our campus. The victim was a member of the MCAD community. We are fortunate that this person was not physically hurt. However it should be a reminder for all of us to exercise care.
We want to make sure that all of us are hyper vigilant about safety. While there is no one-size-fits-all response when it comes to avoiding any type of crime, we encourage you to:
- Travel in pairs when possible
- Keep car doors locked at all times
- Be aware of your surroundings / avoid distractions
- Carry your phone with you at all times
- Call Public Safety for an escort to your apartment, vehicle, or around campus
In light of this recent event, Public Safety will increase patrols in the area and around campus. Please contact them at any time if you feel threatened or witness suspicious activity (612-874-3555).
All my best,