You are here

Register today for the MCAD Art Sale!

ART SALE REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN
Be a part of the nation's largest college art sale!

Hello MCAD Students!

The MCAD Art Sale is one of the Twin Cities' premier art events! Each year, nearly 7,000 pieces of art are submitted from more than 400 participating alumni and student artists. Thousands of works are sold each year, with 80% going back to the artist (the remaining 20% pays for the event). This is your event!

Any current MCAD student or graduate between December 2014 and May 2019 is eligible to participate in the MCAD Art Sale.

As a student, you must first register and review the Art Sale Participation Rules in order to participate. Once you complete the Intent to Participate Form you are officially signed up. Don't wait! Register no later than September 30, 2019. (Your artwork does not need to be fully completed to register, and there is no penalty for signing up now and dropping out later). Only artists who register will continue to receive Art Sale information.

Register today!

Important information to remember:

  • Please carefully review the Art Sale Participation Ruleswhich include important participation requirements, deadlines, artwork drop-off times, and more.
  • Alumni are only eligible to participate in the first five art sales after graduation. This year's eligible alumni graduated between December 2014 and May 2019.
  • After you register, you will receive a confirmation email with a username, password, and instructions on filling out your artwork inventory.
  • Document your work! Uploaded images of art available in the sale gets additional exposure on MCAD's website—the sooner you provide images, the longer the college can promote your work! Use the hashtags #makemcad and #mcadartsale on social media.
  • Plan to sell! Thousands of local art buyers visit the sale every year—65% of all sales are priced at $50 or less.
  • Help spread the word, update your information, join the alumni directoryand let your fellow classmates know that registration for the MCAD Art Sale is now open!

This event is open to alumni and students of all majors and media. Whatever it is you are working on, we will find a way to include it in the Art Sale. This is your chance to showcase your artwork and connect with local art collectors and first time art buyers!

Thank you for participating. I look forward to meeting as many of you as possible during the Art Sale! I'm here to help, so please reach out to me with questions early—don't wait!

Best,
Seth Goodspeed

Posted: 
Tuesday, September 10