The Off-Campus Study Committee is going to be making off-campus program selections THIS semester instead of the fall for the Spring 2021 semester. This will allow for more time to apply- 8 weeks instead of 3 weeks in the fall, more time to earn money over the summer, plan academically (junior review, etc) and learn a new language (if applicable).
AICAD Exchange applications are due March 15, for the fall semester. Take a look at all of our programs HERE! Off-campus study is a great way to dabble outside your major, gain personal growth and independence and have an adventure away from MCAD!
Here are the fun facts & requirements to study off-campus:
- You need a 3.0 cumulative GPA (2.0 for AICAD) to apply
- You need to be at 60 credits by the time you GO abroad- Junior status (apply if you're going to be a first OR second-semester junior in the spring 2021) If you don't know, ask your advisor.
- You'll go Spring semester of 2021
- You'll earn 15 studio elective credits (make sure you have the room in your degree audit!)
- No additional tuition costs- you can use your aid & scholarships the same as if you were on-campus
- Don't worry too much about which majors can go to which programs. You're going to earn elective credits, so if you want to dabble in something else, DO IT! If you want to take classes in your major that are similar to what we offer at MCAD- stay here, or do AICAD Exchange! If you want to have an adventure of a lifetime that widens your world view, enhances your creative mind, strengthens your independence and travel the world- GO OFF-CAMPUS!
- Check out our Off-Campus INSTAGRAM account to see photos and videos from each program!
- Applications are available in Student Affairs.
- Applications due April 30 by NOON to Student Affairs!
- AICAD Exchange deadline is March 15 (the school you choose is the one to accept or deny you, not MCAD)
- Interviews will be held on May 4
Have questions? Set up a meeting with me- Britt, in Student Affairs! Email me at BNelson1@mcad.edu.