Dear Undergraduate Students,
We appreciate your understanding and resiliency as we manage the impact of this unprecedented health crisis on learning. So that you earn your spring semester credits successfully, we are focused on providing academic continuity and being proactive about protecting your health and safety. Therefore, as decided by the MCAD leadership team, we will be moving to remote teaching for the rest of the semester.
Additionally, the physical college will be closed with the exception of accessing student studio space to retrieve your supplies and artwork. If you live on campus, please watch for an email with information about housing and the rest of the semester.
- Starting March 30, MCAD will move all courses to virtual instruction and remain online until the end of the spring semester.
- Faculty are finishing their work to deliver class content remotely and provide virtual learning experiences. Stay tuned for more detailed information on remote learning.
- Between now and March 30 you will need to gather all of your materials from your studio to complete the semester online. If you are unable to clean out your studio at this time, please email Academic Services (firstname.lastname@example.org). There will be no studio access from March 31 until the campus reopens in May.
- Onsite services including Library, Media Center, Service Bureau, Print Shop, Fitness Center, Cafeteria, and 3D Shop are closed. However, Online Learning (email@example.com), tutoring (firstname.lastname@example.org) and mental health counseling (email@example.com) are still available online or virtually.
- Students with work in the gallery show, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For students who live on campus, you will receive a separate email from Housing with detailed instructions.
- Spring commencement is on hold and alternatives are being evaluated. Updates will be sent to May graduates as they become available.
- Federal Work Study students will continue to receive their award payment until the end of the semester, May 15, 2020.
There are a number of items that still need to be addressed such as Senior Show and Junior Review. Faculty and administration continue to address issues that arise from the move to online learning. We are committed to providing the best possible education and mentorship to you supported in the months ahead.
MCAD leadership will continue to meet to provide guidance to you. We are aware that these recent decisions surface many questions and concerns. You can always reach out to email@example.com for help and support.
Vice President, Student Affairs