Dear MCAD Community,
I hope you are all enjoying the start of summer and getting a chance to rejuvenate and reconnect with friends and family.
As you may know, the city of Minneapolis lifted its mask mandate earlier this week after the city’s first-time vaccination rate exceeded 75%. This declaration means that people are no longer required to wear masks indoors and that businesses, institutions, and organizations may continue to require mask use indoors.
The health and wellness of our community is our top priority and MCAD will continue to use caution as more COVID restrictions are removed. Starting today, we will establish the following protocols for being on campus this summer:
- Masks are mandatory indoors and outdoors on MCAD grounds for anyone who has not been vaccinated.
- Masks are optional for our students, faculty, and staff who have been vaccinated. (A link to register your vaccination status will be forthcoming.)
- All children under the age of 12 must wear masks.
- Participants including instructors and staff members who interact with children under the age of 12 must wear masks.
- Physical distancing is still encouraged.
- Campus buildings will continue to be closed to the general public.
- MCAD maintenance staff will continue to use increased safety cleaning protocols.
- Hand sanitizing stations will continue to be placed throughout the campus.
- MCAD will maximize outdoor air introduced into campus buildings, minimize recirculated air, and increase air filtration where possible.
Our goal is to be a fully vaccinated community by August 1st so that we can resume more of our in-person classes, gatherings, and activities. We appreciate your care for our community and look forward to seeing you soon.
My best to you all,