REMOTE ONLINE TUTORING is available
Students can set up virtual appointments with us via the Learning Center Appointments Page. You can also visit the MCAD Intranet main page and click on "Utilities" near the top left of the page. This will open a dropdown menu where you will find "Learning Center Appointments." Please be careful when clicking this link because you may be directed to the wrong appointment page if your mouse is slightly off.
Once you are at the Learning Center Appointments page, you will see "Limit To" near the top of your screen. Clicking this will open a menu that will allow you to choose (for example) "Success Coaching for Time Management and Organization."
Next, click on an unshaded box corresponding to the tutor's name and the time period that fits your schedule. A window will open that will ask you for additional information. Your appointment will be set up after you confirm your appointment at the bottom of the page. You will then receive an email confirmation and will notice that the box with your appointment has become shaded. When it is time for your appointment, you will receive an invitation to a Google Meet from your tutor.
Check out our Study Tips for Learning Online. You will find information for studio classes, notetaking, and more!
HOW TO SCHEDULE A MEETING WITH TIMOTHY GARDNER
- Open your MCAD Google Calendar
- On the left side of your screen look for the "Meet with..." search bar that has the words "Search for people" inside
- Type Timothy Gardner or firstname.lastname@example.org in the "Meet with..." search bar
- Click on Timothy's name to open their calendar
- Create a meeting by clicking on an available space in Timothy's calendar
- For a video conference click "Add Google Meet Video Conferencing"
- Click save
- When it is time for your meeting, use the "Join Google Meet" link to access your meeting
VIDEO ON HOW TO SCHEUDLE APPOINTMENTS FOR REMOTE ONLINE TUTORING
A step-by-step guide to making online tutoring and academic advising appointments. *Please note that the Learning Center Hangouts Chat is no longer in use.