The PitchFest Arts Entrepreneurship Competition is open to all MCAD undergraduates.
You may apply as an individual or as a team.* To apply, you must submit the following three items by Midnight on February 10, 2020
- A two-minute video explaining the idea, your customers/users, and why you think it’s an amazing idea.
- A short questionnaire about you, your team, and your idea. Please answer the following:
- Describe your idea, why it is unique, and the impact it will have.
- Describe your background and how it will help you be successful with this idea.
- If applicable, describe your team members’ backgrounds and how they will help the idea be successful.
- Explain how your idea is financially sustainable.
- Explain the positive effect of your idea on the environment or in the local community.
- A completed Competition Financial Template (rename the document title as your last name). Review terms in the template to make sure you understand what is needed. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions.
- Please note that you do not have to show a profit in these two years, but if it is not profitable, you need to explain where the money to cover the gap comes from.
Important Dates (see complete schedule of mentorship sessions and forums here)
February 17: Contestants are chosen and notified.
April 1: Contestants must submit the visual portion of their pitches. (Be sure to practice to make sure your pitch fits in the five-minute limit!)
April 6, 5:00 p.m.: Contestants present pitches to a live audience and judges, and awards are presented.
*Teams may include non-MCAD-student members, but only if the majority of the team is composed of MCAD students.