Regular, full-time employees who have been with the College for six (6) months are eligible for tuition and continuing education benefits. Part-time, benefits-eligible employees must have been employed one (1) year to be eligible. Adjunct Faculty are also eligible for tuition benefits as described in the CBA.
MCAD TUITION WAIVER PROGRAM
Requests for tuition waivers and tuition reimbursement forms should be directed to the Office of Human Resources. Tuition waiver requests must be completed each semester or you will be charged for the class. The form below is to be used by MCAD employees in requesting a tuition waiver for themselves to take one class per semester, as well as for employee or their dependents to attend the Minneapolis College of Art and Design Graduate or Undergraduate Program, if admitted to those programs.
MCAD TUITION WAIVER PROGRAM WAIVERS:
TUITION REIMBURSEMENT PROGRAM
Once they have met the eligibility requirements, employeesare eligible to participate in the Tuition Reimbursement Program. Courses directly relevant to one’s present position will be reimbursed up to $3,488.00per fiscal year.This reimbursement is for tuition cost only; fees, materials, books, etc. are not eligible for reimbursement under this program.There may be situations where the number of eligible applicants exceeds the College’s budgeted amount for tuition reimbursement.In this case, the reimbursement may be given on a pro rata basis.
TUITION EXCHANGE SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM
Tuition Exchange is a reciprocal educational scholarship program comprised of more than 600 private and public not-for-profit colleges and universities. Its purpose is two-fold in that it makes careers at participating schools attractive with the added benefit of offering multiple opportunities for employees to defray college costs for their dependents.
To Participate In MCAD's Program
- Watch for late fall e-mail with invitation and application to Tuition Exchange (TE) Scholarship Program
- Complete the TE Application Form and Certification of Dependency and submit to Human Resources for processing.
- Human Resources will make application for the Tuition Exchange Scholarship benefit to all schools you have chosen.
- Complete the separate application to the individual schools you are applying to and submit that directly.
- Each school will respond to you directly with their decision regarding acceptance to the school and to the TE Program in the spring
- Contact Human Resources for further information