Multiple peer tutor positions are available!
Peer tutors help students in a variety of areas related to their studies. Peer tutor positions are located within the Learning Center and are expected to be in-person, with few exceptions for remote tutoring, for the 2022-2023 school year. Peer tutors are expected to attend regular staff meetings which will be determined once we have everyone's availability.
The following are areas that tutors help with:
(You need skills in one or two of these areas to be a tutor.)
- Writing tutoring includes aspects of writing such as idea development, grammar, sentence structure, outlines, drafts and other areas of writing on through to the finished product.
- Software tutoring includes helping students with assignments that use Adobe Creative Cloud programs, HTML, CSS, or other software that is used in degree programs at MCAD.
- We are also looking for tutors who are interested in helping peers with Art History study, studio class assignments, creating and practicing presentations, art critique, and time management and organization.
- Work-study eligible preferred (we have limited casual labor openings)
- Able to work between 5 and 8 hours a week during the Fall and Spring semesters
- Sophomore, Junior or Senior undergraduate student, or an MA or MS student
- Ability to tutor and help students with software, writing, time management and organization, studio class assignments or art history
- Customer service skills
- Values diversity and working with people of diverse backgrounds
If you have questions about the Peer Tutor position, then please feel welcome to contact the Learning Center.