Welcome to the 3D shop website! Always feel free to email us at email@example.com with any questions or concerns!
Access for Spring 2021:
January 25-31, 2021:
- The 3D shop will have no in-person access but will be available for limited remote services to the MCAD community. Send us an email to check out tools with contactless exchange, have a board cut, or for any of your other project needs.
- Staff will be in the shop for online consultations, troubleshooting, material preperation, etc: Monday-Thursday 8 AM - 9 PM, Friday 8 AM - 6 PM, Saturday-Sunday 12 PM - 5 PM.
- Digital Fabrication services will be available remotely by filling out the 3D Shop Digital Lab Project Request Form.
February 1, 2021:
- 3D Shop will open to the MCAD community (students, staff, and faculty) for in-person use with safety restrictions in place.
- The 3D shop is open for use whenever campus facilities are open (generally 24/7). This means that lights will be on, work tables and hand tools available for use.
- The 3D shop will be staffed Monday-Thursday 8 AM - 9 PM, Friday 8 AM - 6 PM, and Saturday-Sunday 12 PM - 5 PM. This means power will be on to power tools and staff will be available for support. All shop users will be required to wear a mask upon entry to all of the shop spaces.
- Shop use is dependent on capacities, as monitered by shop staff. Please allow yourselves ample worktime as you may be asked to wait until space opens up in the shop.
MCAD's wood shop, welding shop, foundry, spray booths, and digital lab are located in the 3D Shop. The 3D Shop is open to the entire college community. Current Shop policy, guidelines and other pertinent information can be found below.
Courses conducted by MCAD faculty members in the 3D Shop introduce you to the equipment, tools, techniques and safe work practices associated with the area. Shop staff support and reinforce that instruction. They maintain the equipment, monitor users of the area to insure safe work procedures. Shop staff can also provide technical assistance in all aspects of fabrication, from stretcher building to welding and casting. When you enter the 3D Shop, you agree to comply with shop policies governing safety, equipment access, etc., and to follow the direction of 3D Shop staff.
New Digital Lab Format
The 3D Shop Digital lab is currently running in a drop off/pick up format. Shop staff will run the digital lab equipment. Please use this form to submit a request for your project. Time required to complete your project will be dependent on the process and complexity. Please also go here for more information on access and use.