COMMITTED TO KEEPING YOU SAFE
In support of the mission of Minneapolis College of Art and Design, the MCAD Campus Safety department is dedicated to developing healthy relationships with the community we serve to support quality higher education. We will earn the community’s trust by:
Supporting academic freedom.
Centering the experience of marginalized communities.
Protecting civil and human rights.
Providing a safe environment to foster the open exchange of ideas.
We will work collaboratively to keep the campus community safe through a compassionate and empathetic security department, supporting our students, faculty, guests, and staff in their goals to learn, grow, and thrive peacefully.
Sign up for MCAD Alerts!
When a life-threatening event or weather situation occurs, the MCAD Alert system will trigger alerts through a variety of communications channels, including email, text, phone calls and social media posts. The college also sends text messages about crime incidents that affect the MCAD community, such as armed robberies, shootings or assaults. The text option is opt-in, and we encourage all community members to sign up for alerts.
Campus Safety Services
Campus Safety provides the following services to the students, faculty, staff, and guests of the MCAD community:
- Motorist assistance - jump starts for dead batteries, or assisting in calling a tow truck, if needed
- Lock changes for residence halls
- Medical escorts to the emergency room or to a doctors appointment.
- Building or room access to authorized community Members
- Issue ID cards
- Lost and Found
- Key Issuance
- First Aide
- Motorpool checkout
- Environment, Health, & Safety
The Welcome Desk
Our Welcome desk is the first point of contact for all prospective students, new and current students, and community members. Staffed by our team of Student workers, the Welcome desk is your place to get help with general questions, directions, and more.
- Lobby/Information Center - general inquiries about the school, Lost & Found and initial point of contact for students/staff/faculty to Campus Safety
- Visitor Check In - MCAD guests and public guests check in and receive a visitor badge during their stay