The migrating from MCAD's current payroll system, Dayforce to a new HR Information System (HRIS) Paylocity is underway. This page will provide updates on the transition, as well as training resources and other helpful information. The Office of Human Resources will continue to provide updates via email along the way. Please direct any questions to email@example.com.
WHY THE CHANGE? Dayforce was found to not be the best fit for MCAD. After a length review process, Paylocity was selected due to the adjustable/adaptable nature of the platform, their investments in innovation, cost, and their experience with higher education institutions such as MCAD. We anticipate a learning curve with Paylocity as with any new system, and we may have some hiccups along the way. However, we feel this will be a significant improvement from the system we are using today.
TIME TO LOG IN!: You should have received an email from Human Resources with information on getting logged in for the first time. To get logged in, go to ACCESS.PAYLOCITY.COM, click on REGISTER NEW USER. Paylocity has some robust security measures to protect your personal data, so we will be using their secure login process (so, no single sign on as we had with Dayforce). After clicking, REGISTER NEW USER the system will guide you through the registration process, asking you to provide information that matches you to your employee payroll data, and will require you to set up some security questions. You will need our Company ID which is 110804.
Training will begin in March 2020, with a variety of options available.
- Assigned training: Once you log in to Paylocity, in Self-Service, under the greeting section any assigned trainigs will be listed under "Tasks to Complete"
- Online on demand training for supervisors "Time and Labor for Supervisors" (use code 110804)
- Online on demand trainings for employees "Time and Labor for Timesheet Employees" (use code 110804)
- In person trainings at MCAD: In person training has been cancelled due to COVID-19. However, if you would like a one on one training session via Google Hangouts, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- MCAD Knowledge Base: Tips for Using Paylocity
- MCAD Knowledge Base: Timekeeping in Paylocity
- Paylocity FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
- Download the Paylocity App!
- Paylocity “Customer as Co-creator”
- Communication: ‘Community’
- Earnings & Deduction Codes Overview
- January: Implementation begins!
- February: Data extraction, Individual department sessions to address needs and training preferences
- February 25th: Dayforce self-service black out begins
- March: Updated MCAD Job Opportunities page and searchable job posting board go live
- Late March/Early April: Training and login links shared (check your email)
- April: Testing and parallel payrolls
- April 11th - hourly employees begin using Paylocity to clock in and out!
- MAY 1: First bi-weekly pay date for staff, work study, and casual labor on Paylocity
- MAY 15: First semi-monthly pay date for Full Time Faculty and Adjunct Faculty on Paylocity
- May- July: Additional ‘ironing board’ meetings to address any issues after go live
- July-Aug: Benefits administration module implementes (will replace EASE)
This page was last updated on Saturday, April 18th 2020.