Google Apps Basics
- You will be checking your email at a new address: http://gmail.mcad.edu
- What were once folders are now labels. Labels offer more flexibility with email management, but do everything folders can do.
- Emails are now grouped by conversation. Conversations may have more than one message associated with them. This helps tremendously for organization, but be sure you don't overlook a message grouped with other messages!
- Better Spam Filtering. You will no longer get messages from Baleen/Barracuda - spam messages will automatically go to your Spam folder. Be sure to check there occasionally for false positives!
- You can now set your own Out of Office Message. See the Vacation Responder in the Gmail Settings (found in the upper right of your Gmail window). You can even set your responder in advance and have it deactivated on a schedule.
- Your calendar can be shared with whomever you choose.
- Easily View Attached .DOC, .XLS or .RTF Files via Your Web Browser
- Create, Edit and Share Documents, Spreadsheets and Presentations Online with Google Docs