These instructions are to encode a compressed QuickTime movie appropriate for playback off a computer (such as in critiques). It is not appropriate for streaming web delivery/download or for archival purposes.
Video / Film / Audio
- With the sequence open, choose File > Export > Media
- In the Export Settings window pane, select:
- Format: H.264
- Preset: Vimeo HD
- Click on the file in Output Name to select a save-to location and to custom name the new video
- Click the Expo
These instructions are for the capture station equipped with an iMac, miniDV deck, and VHS/DVD combo deck in the Library's film section.
These instructions are for the DV cassette recorder equipped with an iMac in the Library.
*Please use headphones while capturing and exporting in the library!
These instructions are applicable only for source material created and mastered using an HD format- 720p, 1080p, or 1080i. The discs produced using the instructions below are only playable using a Blu-ray player.
SDHC Cards or Compact Flash (CF) Cards
Making a disk image copy of a SDHC or CF card:
1. Insert your SDHC card either into either the computer's SD card reader (MacBook Pro laptops or iMacs) or into a USB Card reader plugged into the computer.
2. Copy the files off of the SDHC card. There are two ways to do this, with one being prefered.