While we encourage students to take a hands on approach to printing, and complete photo quality inkjet prints themselves in the SB or DPL, we are also happy to do those prints in a full service capacity!
Here is our order form for Full Service Epson (photo quality inkjet or "giclee" prints)
You have the choice between a variety of papers, the most common being Matte or Semigloss/Luster to the rarer Watercolor or Japanese Paper. (Full list of available papers here toward the bottom of the page)
Files should be completely ready for printing, saved at the final output size, with any borders or crop marks included - we will NOT make any changes to your files. Acceptable file formats include: TIFF, PDF and EPS. InDesign files must be packaged to include all fonts/images, IDML and PDF files. Photoshop files must be flattened and saved as a TIFF. Only files ready for printing will be accepted, it is the student/customer's responsibility to set up their files properly. If you need assistance with set up or conversion of files please speak with someone in the Service Bureau.
- Set Up Suggestions
When setting up files for the Epson printers, please consider the following:
- Image resolution: If you are going to print an image, whether alone or as part of a layout, we recommend that it be at least 150dpi or higher in resolution. Anything lower than 150dpi will begin to look bitmapped and chunky. If you have an image to print at a lower resolution, please discuss this when placing your order.
- Paper/media: Check the paper samples book in the Service Bureau to get an idea of how your image might look. If you have questions about the differences, please ask.
- Set Up Suggestions
Getting the files to the Service Bureau
- Transfer the file via the school server:
- Create a new Folder YOUR NAME and copy your files into that new Folder
- From the Finder menu bar select Go > Connect to Server.
- The Connect to Server window appears:
- In the space designated for Server Address type: "SBDropBox.mcad.edu"
- Click "Connect" in the lower right corner of the window
- Connect to the SB Drop Box server using your MCAD login and password. Click the Connect Button.
- Select "SB Drop Box" from the list of server volumes. Click OK.
- The volume will now appear on the desktop.
- Open this server volume. A list of several folders is within. Drag and drop the FOLDER you wish to move the Service Bureau for printing into the Small Format Epson Print Drop Box.
Email the file to firstname.lastname@example.org using Google Drive to transfer the file.
Ordering your Photo Quality Print
Download an order form and fill it out completely. If you have any questions please ask.
Fill in all fields completely, and email the order form to email@example.com (please let us know in the body of the email if your file is in the dropbox or attached to the email)
Epson print orders will be charged to your PaperCut account when they are completed. If your account doesn't have enough money, we will hold orders until we can complete payment!
Please schedule an appointment if you would like to see a test before going forward with multiple or larger print orders.
- Turnaround time is 24 hours for most full service orders, but please allow more time if you have a larger order (more than 5 prints).
- Full service Epson prints do cost more than self-serve ($4.50 - $7.50/sheet depending on the page size), please ask for a price quote!
- Customer supplied paper is accepted (pritn cost for customer supplied paper is $2.50 - $5.50/print depending on size)
If the above policies are adhered to and you are still not satisfied with the quality of your print, reprints will be done at the expense of the MCAD Service Bureau and/or a refund offered.