Autodesk offers free licensing for most of its products and services to MCAD students and faculty who have an Autodesk Educational Account and have confirmed their eligibility. This includes Maya and Fusion 360.
If you're an animation student looking to install the latest version of Maya, you've found the right article.
- Visit the Autodesk Education software homepage.
- Click the GET STARTED button. If you already have an Autodesk account using your @mcad.edu address, sign in. If you have never made an Autodesk account, click "Create Account." If you're not sure, try entering your email - if you don't have an account, you'll get a message that says "This email or username is not recognized." This account and its password are not tied to your MCAD Login single sign-on; you create this account independently but you use your MCAD email address.
- If you have not already confirmed your eligiblity, you'll see a message that says "We still need to confirm your eligibility for educational access to Autodesk products." Click the GET STARTED button and follow the instructions. Once you've confirmed your eligibility, you should have free access to licenses for one year.
- Once you've done this, look through the list of available software to find the program you need. Click the blue button beneath it and follow instructions to download and install it.
- Once the software is installed, log in using your Autodesk account in order to license it.