Inexpensive color printing can be done through the Service Bureau or Library using one of the color laser printers.
For printing on nicer paper, custom paper, and press quality prints, use the full-service ImagePress Color printer in the Service Bureau:
1. Create your document at print size: ideally 300dpi, at final output dimensions
2. Name your file(s), using appropriate file naming conventions
3. Save your document as one of these file types:
b. TIFF (be sure to flatten/merge your layers and save as a copy)
c. Packaged InDesign Folder (must include the entire folder with all fonts/images etc)
4. If you have multiple files, place them in a folder (folder name = your name/username)
*note* If your folder is too large to attach to an email/upload quickly, please compress into a .zip file
5. Upload or attach folder/file(s)
a. Service Bureau Dropbox Server: Finder>Go>Connect to Server>sbdropbox.mcad.edu
Drop file into the ImagePress Folder
b. Google Drive (turn on sharing permissions so we have access to edit)
c. Attach smaller files directly to your email
6. Fill out this order form, be sure to fill all appropriate fields, and include as much detail as possible.
7. Email the completed order form, with any attachments, to firstname.lastname@example.org
Once we receive your file and order form, we will get started prepping your files to print
Please allow up to 24 business hours for the job to be completed, for bulk orders please allow up to 5 business days. See our Turnaround Times KB article for details
We may have questions, or run into issues while printing, please keep an eye on your email as we will contact you there if we need any additional information
Once your job is complete, we will charge your PaperCut account/department listed on the order form (please ask for a quote in your email order if necessary prior to printing)
We will bag your print job and place it on the Pick Up shelf outside of the SB
You will receive an email when the job is complete
See Knowledgebase and sample booklets for Paper Types we have available.
You may use your own paper (we may ask to see a sample before approving it to print) just let us know in your email when you will be dropping it off, and be sure to label the package with your name.
If these prints are going to be bound into a book/booklet, you will need to fill out a Finishing Order Form in addition to this one, please be sure to communicate that with us prior to printing.
If you would like to set up an appointment to discuss your project, just email us and we will set that up!
For printing on plain copy paper, use the self-service HP color printers in the Service Bureau (this printer is currently located in the studio area on the second floor by the Emeritus Room) and Library:
- Choose the Printer: SB-HP-Color for the 2nd floor studio area, Library-HP-Color for the Library
- Check your Page Setup
- Format for: the Printer you chose
- Choose your Paper Size: US Letter (8.5x11") or Tabloid/Ledger (11x17") are the only options
- Hit Print!
- A printer icon will appear in your dock, wait for that to disappear before shutting your laptop! (the print is "spooling" or processing still)
- Go to the 2nd floor studio area or Library and locate the printer
- Log into your Papercut account from your laptop or your phone, go to Jobs Pending Release, and hit print!