Faculty can set up a “drop-box” style Assignment so that students may turn in a Google Doc or Drive file as their submission.
How to set up Google Doc and Google drive submissions
- Edit the Assignment.
- In the Assignment settings, under Submission Type, choose Online.
- Select File Uploads from the list of online entry options - do not check Restrict Upload File Types.
- Save your settings.
How do Students turn in Google Doc or Drive Assignments?
- Select Submit Assignment
- Choose Google Doc or Google Drive
- Select your file from the list
- Submit your work
Note: Your Google file types will convert to their correspondent Microsoft file types in SpeedGrader- i.e. a Google doc will show as a Word document, a Google slide as a PowerPoint file, and so on.
- How do I create an online assignment?
- How do I upload a file from Google Drive as an assignment submission in Canvas?
- What Should I Do if My Google Drive Integration Fails?
If you have any questions contact Teaching and Learning Excellence at firstname.lastname@example.org