FA22 Syllabus Form Instructions/Video
version 7, 07/27/22
- Follow this link to the Form: https://forms.gle/ooxgMCBrbAVDb49c6
You must be logged into your MCAD email account to complete the form.
- Enter your FALL ‘22 course number and section in this format: DEPT 1234 01
ex. EN 1500 03 (English 1500 section 3)
Please double-check the course number for accuracy. You can find this on myMCAD.
- Video-conference links for your class and office hours are strongly encouraged, and there are fields on the form specifically for those.
Here’s a video tutorial on how to set up a Google Meet for your class.
- Type or copy/paste your information for each available field. For the course calendar, the form does not accommodate formatting. You can skip this field and complete it later to make the formatting just right.
Course Title, Faculty Name, Description, Outcomes, Date, and Time will fill automatically.
- Select course methodologies from the list. This section is required to complete the form.
- Click Submit.
- You will receive an email with the link to your syllabus in your MCAD email, follow that link.
- Review your syllabus and make corrections or changes directly in the Google Doc.
- Upload the Google Doc link to the Canvas page for your course. See tutorial below.
NOTE: Do NOT put “see above” for anything in the form. It breaks the data on the backend.
This form removes all special formatting.
- If you would like to have formatting in your Course Calendar (type sizes, tables, etc), leave this field blank in Step 4 above, and click Submit.
- When you receive the link to your syllabus, click the link. This will take you to the syllabus file in Google Docs.
- Copy/Paste your formatted Course Calendar into the Doc file under the Course Calendar heading. All the formatting will be retained.
- Adding your Syllabus in Canvas
- Tech Tip About Google Docs, Sharing, and linking in Blackboard or Canvas. How to Share starts at 45s: https://yoxutu.be/DXx0z5hZTiI?t=45
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.