There may be multiple reasons why a student cannot access a published quiz; you might have an Available Until date set, or they might have already used up their allowed attempts.
How to allow students to take the quiz
Here are some things you can check, and some solutions you can try.
Setting a Due date instead of an Until date
Students won't be able to make new quiz attempts later than the Until date—if you don't mean to restrict all access, you can use a due date instead!
- Edit the quiz, and add a due date to the quiz
- Leave both the Available from and Until dates blank.
- Students are able to take the quiz after the due date if the Available from and Until dates are not set - the submission will be marked as late.
Granting an extra attempt
If a student has already used up their allowed attempts to take the quiz and you want to allow them an additional try, you'll need to add an extra attempt.
In your quiz, select Show Student Quiz Results.
- Find the student and select “allow this student an extra attempt”
Moderating a Quiz
If a student or students require accomodations or special access to a quiz, you'll need to make changes in the Moderation settings.
- In your quiz, select Moderate This Quiz
- Find the student you want to grant accomodations to and click on the edit icon
- Grant any extensions. If the quiz is locked by an Available Until date, you'll need to Manually unlock the quiz for the next attempt.
- If you have more than one student, after you are done selecting them, click on the Change Extensions for [#] Selected Students button.
- Complete the extension box and save your changes.
- Once I publish a quiz, how can I give my students extra attempts?
- Once I publish a quiz, how do I use the Moderate Quiz page?
- Once I publish a timed quiz, how can I give my students extra time?
Contact Online Learning if you have any questions at email@example.com