1. Open your file! (We recommend printing from your native file, or as a PDF from Acrobat)
2. Choose File > Print and the Print dialog box will open.
3. Select your printer:
For simple letter sized (8.5x11) on plain paper
- SB-BW-Letter (located on second floor, in studio area by the Emeritus room)
- Library-Canonir3235i (in the Library)
- 3rdFloorMain-Canonir3235i (located on the 3rd floor in the main building near the South elevator)
- 4thFloorMain-BW-Canon (located on the 4th floor in the main building near the South elevator)
- ESLounge-BW-Printer (for Entreprenuership students with access to the 4th floor ES Lab)
- L106-HP2430-LC (Learning Center)
For 11x17 (tabloid) on plain paper
- SB-BW-11x17 (located on second floor, in studio area by the Emeritus room)
[NOTE: to set up duplex/double-sided printing for any of these machines, see this article.]
4. Under Page Setup be sure to Format For the printer you chose, and select your paper size (must be US Letter or Tabloid/11x17 for corresponding printer)
5. Hit Print!
6. Once your file has been sent you will need to log in to your personal printing account at papercut.mcad.edu to release the print to the printer
- log in using your MCAD login info (first initial/lastname and password same as your email),
- click on the Jobs Pending Release tab,
- find your file
- click on the 'print' button (or cancel if you notice an error)
REMEMBER: when you release a print job it will be charged back to your printing account!
As always, if you have further questions or need clarification on anything print-related, check out our other KB articles, or stop by the SB in person.