At the Service Bureau you can print large-format, photographic quality prints with archival inks on several different types of media including archival papers, all up to 44" wide.
You have the choice between a variety of papers, the most common being Enhanced Matte or Semigloss to the rarer Adhesive Wallpaper or Washi Paper. (Full list of available papers on the Order Form)
File Preparation Requirements:
- Files should be Print Ready
- Save at your final output size
- Include any borders or crop marks necessary in your file
- File format: Flattened TIFF, PDF, or properly packaged inDesign folders
- Image resolution: 150-300dpi (lower resolution will yield poor print quality, larger resolution files are difficult to process)
- Adobe RGB 1998
Getting the files to the Service Bureau
- Email your files (packaged and compressed if appropriate) to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Upload your files to Google Drive, and share with email@example.com (make sure we have premission to edit/download)
- Transfer your files using the SB dropbox server
- From the Finder menu bar select Go > Connect to Server.
- The Connect to Server window appears:
- In the space designated for Server Address type: "SBDropBox.mcad.edu"
- Click "Connect" in the lower right corner of the window
- Connect to the SB Drop Box server using your MCAD login and password. Click the Connect Button.
- Select "SB Drop Box" from the list of server volumes. Click OK.
- The volume will now appear on the desktop.
- Open this server volume. A list of several folders is within. Drag and drop the FOLDER you wish to move the Service Bureau for printing into the Banner Print Drop Box.
Ordering your Banner Print
Download an order form, open with Adobe Acrobat, fill it out completely. If you have any questions please ask.
Fill in all fields completely, give us as much information as possible!
Banner print orders will be charged to your PaperCut account when they are completed. If your account doesn't have enough money, we will hold orders until we can complete payment! Please ask for a quote in your order form/email order if necessary.
- Test strips:
Schedule an appointment to see a test strip of your print. If it is convenient, you may wait for your test strip when you place your order. This will be indicated on your order form.
- After viewing your test strip, either approve it and sign your order form, or take the strip and adjust your file accordingly. Color adjustment and any other changes are your responsibility. When color adjusting files, any of the SB staff will gladly assist you. If the color accuracy is not important to you, you can sign your approval without seeing a proof. However, if you are not satisfied with the quality of your print, it will be your responsibility to pay for any reprints. Large format prints will not be completed unless you have signed-off on your order form.
- Please note that only one (1) test strip is included in the price of your print. Any additional testing and set-up time with the file may incur extra charges at a cost of $20/hour.
- Large Format prints are run Sunday through Friday and are turned around in up to 2 business days. WE DO NOT ACCEPT RUSH ORDERS.
- If you need more than 10 FEET or banner prints please plan on a minimum turnaround of 5 business days. As always, plan ahead, especially during finals.
- Test strips:
If the above policies are adhered to and you are still not satisfied with the quality of your print, reprints will be done at the expense of the MCAD Service Bureau and/or a refund offered.