(If you received your computer from MCAD or recently had it re-imaged by the Help Desk, all MCAD public printers should already be set up.)
Note - You have to be on campus/using MCAD wifi or ethernet for this to work.
(Note: MCAD does not currently support Windows printing via this method - use Mobility Print instead)
2) Once download is complete, launch the Print Deploy installer.
-The application appears in your Dock as a Terminal window labeled “auth-dialog.”
3) Log in with your MCAD credentials when prompted.
4) Print Deploy icon will appear in upper menu bar. Click on it and choose “VIEW MY PRINTERS”
5) Click the “Install” button next to any printer you’d like on your computer!
WHICH VERSION DO I CHOOSE?
• If the home directory (house) on your MacBook does NOT use your official MCAD Login username (i.e., johnsmith or happydude742) you will want to select only the CLIENT-REQUIRED version of the printers.
-You will also need to download and run the PaperCut Client (download HERE) and sign in.
-Copy the PCClient.app file into your Applications folder so you don't accidentally delete it!
-The CLIENT-REQUIRED printers will only work if you are signed in to the PCClient (you should be prompted to sign in the first time you print).
(Hot tip: go to System Preferences > Users & Groups > Login Items and add the PCClient so it's always running!)
• If your home directory DOES use your official MCAD Login username then select the regular versions of the printers.
-Depending on how many printers you choose to install at once it will take from a minute or two for a few printers up to 15 minutes if you do all at once.
-You should get a notification badge on your screen when a printer is successfully installed.
-In some instances, if nothing appears to happen, you may need to restart your computer.
6) When you’ve got the printers you want, quit out of the Print Deploy client.
-You can always click on the icon in your menu bar to add more printers.
-If you want to completely un-install the Print Deploy client:
-Go to Applications > PaperCut Print Deploy Client
-Double-click on the file “Uninstall.command” and follow the prompts
(To update or reload your printers, repeat this process.)