Graduate students at MCAD, including those in the Masters of Fine Arts, Masters of Arts in Sustainable Design, and Masters of Arts in Graphic and Web Design programs, have access to most of the same technology resources that MCAD undergraduate students do.
These include an MCAD Login, which is a "single sign-on" username and password that allows you to log into most systems around campus. If you've forgotten your password or never set one before, you can reset it here. If you already know your password but would like to change it, you can do so here. The MCAD login gives you access to the following services:
- An MCAD email address, which is your MCAD username + @mcad.edu, and all accompanying Google Workspace services (such as Google Drive, Google Calendar, Google Meet, etc). You can log into your email at mail.google.com. You cannot use the "forgot password" feature of your MCAD Google account itself; instead, use the links provided above or contact the Help Desk.
- The MCAD WiFi network. See this article for instructions on connecting various types of devices to the WiFi.
- The ability to log into lab computers on campus.
- An Adobe Creative Cloud license provided by the college. Here are instructions for installing and licensing Adobe CC on a personal computer and instructions for logging into Adobe CC on a lab computer.
- The Service Bureau, which offers a variety of printing services, and other printers in labs and public spaces around campus which use the Papercut print server. All students must pay to add credits to the Papercut account.
- The Equipment Checkout system, where you can reserve various items to be picked up from the Media Center.
- Class and Studio servers at MCAD.
- LinkedIn Learning and Canvas.
Other software may be provided separately from the MCAD login access. This includes Microsoft Office - see these instructions for installing and licensing Word, Excel, and other Offices programs. If you need other applications to complete your academic work, please contact the head of your department and ask them to reach out to the Help Desk.
A computer lab with iMacs, a scanner, a printer, and a tablet is located in the MFA building. Other lab computers and monitors are available to all students in the library and on the second, third and fourth floors of the Main building.
MCAD Graduate students are not provided with a laptop by the school. However, the Help Desk is available to support your personal laptops to the best of our ability. The campus is largely oriented toward Apple devices, but some support for Windows computers is still available.
If you have any questions or need support, please get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org.