If you are a student, faculty, or staff member at MCAD and would like to change the name associated with your MCAD based accounts we are happy to inform you this can be done without sacrificing any prior account access or information. The process is slightly different depending on if you've had a legal name change or if you have not but want the first name MCAD uses for you updated (your "institutionally recognized name").
If you are submitting a institutionally recognized name change, follow these steps:
- Fill out a Update Institutionally Recognized Name Change form and submit this to Records - please see this article for detailed instructions. This form can be found in the "Records" section of the my.mcad.edu.
- Once form is submitted an pdf copy of this will be sent to your email.
- After the request is submitted our account admin will scheduled time to update all previous account names to match the correct name.
- Submit an Account Request Form. Enter your new first name into the "Institutionally Recognized Name or Preferred Name" field and check the box that says "This account request includes a name change."
- After the form is submitted, someone will reach out to let you know when your name will be updated across all MCAD systems.
- Log in to Paylocity to update your name in our Payroll system. Click the three horizontal lines in the upper left corner and, in the sidebar, select "Self Service Portal." In the menu across the top, select "Employees" and go to "Employee payroll file." Update your name in BOTH the "Preferred First Name" field AND the "Nickname" field, then scroll to the bottom of the page to click Save.
For institutionally recognized name change adjustments the following MCAD systems will be corrected: email, print accounts, library access, server access, wi-fi connectivity, Blackboard, and your MCAD ID card.
We are unable to update a institutionally recognized name change to legally based information such as transcripts, paychecks, and financial aid based information (scholarships, tuition payments, etc). In those areas a legal name will still be listed, and for this we apologize.
If you have legally changed your name and need it updated, follow these steps:
- Contact the Records Office. You will need to visit the office in person and present an original government-issued document such as a passport, driver's license or state ID, court order, birth certificate, or marriage license as evidence of your legal name change. You may also present these documents if you have legally changed your gender. Records Office staff will create a copy of the document for your permanent file and update your record with the information that has been legally changed.
- After you have completed this step send an email request for an account update to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include your previous first and last legal name and your new legal first and last name.
- HR is required to have proof of your legal name change: marriage license, court document, etc. Please e-mail email@example.com to coordinate your legal name change.
- After updating your name with HR, please fill out an Account Update Request so we may update your account name and e-mail address. Please check the "Yes" box below "This form includes a name change."
- The Technology department will receive this form, reach out to confirm, and then update all your accounts to match your correct name.
For legal name change adjustments, all MCAD systems will be corrected: this includes, email, print accounts, server access, Blackboard, library access, wi-fi connectivity, myMCAD, transcripts, financial aid, your MCAD ID card, MCAD diplomas, and paychecks. For transcripts and bill pay based systems there may be a delay in this update in hand with your bank account information. We apologize for those delays you may experience.
After we have completed our system update to the correct name, we strongly recommend getting any MCAD based laptops re-imaged so that we may rename your computer to the correct name. All smart phones, tablets, and laptops that were previously connecting to the wireless with a prior account name will need to be reconnected with the new account information.