MCAD has a number of network shared drives that may be accessed from one's Mac. Most of these are accessible by typing afp://SERVERNAME and act like a regular foldes. MCAD also has what we call Drop Boxes. The Drop Boxes only allow one to upload files. One cannot open the folder to see or change its contents.
Common Drop Boxes include:
- Any of the major folders on the Merit Server
- Any of the folders under the Junior Review Server
- The Drop_Box folders on the class server
To upload files to an MCAD Drop Box:
- From the Finder, pull down Go > Connect to Server. The Connect to Server window appears.
- In the Server Address field, enter afp://SERVER.mcad.edu
- Click Connect in the lower right corner of the window.
- Finder will usually present you with your full name
Delete your full name and sign in with your short MCAD Login (e.g. rmoranis ).
- Finder will sometimes present a list of volumes such as Merit or Junior Review.
Choose the appropriate volume
- If the folder in question is a Drop Box folder one will get Access Denied if you try to open the folder
Instead of opening the folder, drag and drop your files into the folder
Once you submit your file(s) you will not be able to modify or view them.
Please make sure you double check your submission before you drop it!
- If you absolutely have to change something uploaded to a drop box, you will have to rename the file and upload it again.
It may make sense to simply add an 01, 02, etc. to the file name.
For instance, if the file was FILENAME.EXT
Rename it to FILENAME_01.EXT