At the conclusion of each semester, all faculty are required to submit a selection of completed student assignments and/or project documentation for each of their classes to their Department Chair. MCAD provides a server-based submission tool to facilitate these submissions.
For additional information on file formatting standards, please see the KB article: Format Recommendations for Archiving Student Work.
To access your CourseWork Server folder using an Apple computer (both on and off campus):
- Open Finder. Pull down the "Go" menu from the menu bar and select "Connect to Server." The "Connect to Server" window appears. In the Server Address field, enter 'afp://coursework.mcad.edu'. Click the "Connect" button to continue.
- Sign in with your MCAD Login - make sure you use your short username / password combo (e.g. rmoranis / <password>).
- The server volume will now appear on the desktop, named "CourseWork Archive".
- Open the current academic year folder (i.e. "2015-2016").
- From there, open the current academic semester folder (i.e. "Fall")
- Scroll through the folder listings to find your class. Class folders are named by course code and class name. You will see all classes listed, but you will only have access to the classes in which you are enrolled.
If you experience problems connecting to your CourseWork Server, please email email@example.com or stop by Help Desk 319 during regular office hours.