The Océ Plotwave large format Black and White laser printer has a maximum output width of 36" and maximum length of 12'. Files are printed on plain white, green, blue, yellow, or pink Bond paper or frosted vellum Film. To get something printed on the Océ, follow these instructions:
1) Save your file at the final output size you desire as a TIFF or PDF
2) Bring your file in on a thumb/usb drive.
2) Log into sbdropbox.mcad.edu using your MCAD username and password
3) copy your Folder into the OCE_BW_Dropbox
4) Go to the Service Bureau and ask for a Océ order form
5) Fill out the order form and pay for your print (White Bond = $1.50/linear foot, Colored Bond = $2.00/linear foot, Film = $3.00/linear foot)
6) Your file will be printed out as soon as possible (usually takes 10-15 minutes)
The Océ does have issues with images that are longer than ~5 feet with full toner coverage (black or grey tones covering most of the print area).
Try to keep those kinds of prints 5 feet or under if possible!
If you need a larger print, try a halftone pattern or if at all possible break up the tone with white space.
(When trying to print images longer than ~5 feet with full toner coverage, the printer can become 'undertoned' and produce an error message that requires a service call and technician to reset it. That can sometimes take a day or two.)
Lets work together!