How do I submit a print order via email to the Service Bureau?
1. Determine the print type/quality you would like:
- ImagePress - Digital press/laser print quality, nicer paper options (pretty good, magazine/book quality, colors might be a bit different from your screen), available paper sizes: 8.5x11, 11x17, 12x18, 13x19 (5x5 min - 13x30 max)
- Photocopy - Black & white or color, plain paper, nothing special (acceptable quality, no bells and/or whistles), available paper sizes: 8.5x11, 11x17
- Epson - Photo quality inkjet print (sometimes known as Giclee print) (best, fine art/photo quality, colors should be pretty spot on to calibrated screen), available paper sizes: 8.5x11, 13x19, 17x22, 17" roll, 24" roll
- Risograph - Layered "screen print" quality, each print is unique with flaws and imperfections, available paper sizes: 8.5x11, 11x17 (5x5 min - 11x17 max)
- Banner - Large format photo quality inkjet print up to 44" wide (sometimes known as Giclee print) (best, fine art/photo quality, colors should be pretty spot on to calibrated screen)
- Oce - Large format black & white laser print up to 36" wide, plain paper, nothing special (acceptable quality, no bells and/or whistles)
2. Fill out corresponding order form
3.a. Put file(s) into the corresponding folder within the SB Dropbox server (Finder>GO>connect to server>sbdropbox.mcad.edu)
3.b. Or attach the file to your email with Google Drive
4. Email the order form (and file if not in dropbox) to email@example.com
5. The SB staff will complete your print (within our posted turnaround times), charge the print/paper/etc to your Papercut account, put the completed print job on the pickup shelf outside of the SB, and email you when complete!
Please save files as PDF or Flattened TIFF before sending them to us to print (unless otherwise noted on order form)
Available paper types listed here! See SB for paper samples.
We also encourage DIY printing from your Laptop or Phone to any of our publicly accessible printers, and reserving a time to print on the self-serve Epson printers (be sure to follow the print manual!) in the SB or DPL.
If you are still feeling a little clueless, or would like more information and guidance about any of our printing options, make an appointment to chat with one of our SB staff!