You are here

Insurance Questions

Insurance Questions

As the owner, you are responsible for the wellbeing of your MacBook, including preventing against loss and theft. 

First and foremost, DO NOT LEAVE YOUR LAPTOP UNATTENDED. Regardless of where in the school you are or how long you are planning on leaving, there is no safe place to leave your MacBook unattended and expect it to be there when you return.

If you absolutely must leave your laptop unattended- use a cable-lock to attach it to a table, desk, etc. The Art Cellar sells such cables. There are located behind the counter- just ask them and they can show you the models they offer.

Does MCAD provide insurance for my computer?

No. MCAD does not provide insurance for student laptops. If your computer is stolen, lost or accidentally damaged, you will have to purchase another outside of MCAD.

Can I purchase a new laptop from MCAD to replace an old/lost one?

MCAD is unable to sell additional computers to students past the initial one received upon admittance. Homeowner's/renter's insurance is recommended and may cover your laptop. Please contact your insurance agency to make sure your machine is insured.

 Where do I go if my Apple laptop is broken?

Some hardware problems are beyond Computer Support's scope and require taking the computer to an authorized Apple repair center. The following locations are Apple repair centers authorized to handle in-warranty service and provide further technical support. To find a store near you, enter your zip code into this site.  

Additionally, students who own an MCAD student MacBook are eligible for unlimited phone support while covered under their Apple one-year warranty. Apple technical support can be contacted at 1-800-275-2273.


KB Footer

Can't find what you need? Let us know how we can help!