Both the copier in the 3rd floor hallway, as well as the copier in the Library can scan text documents as searchable/editable text (OCR - Optical Character Recognition)
- Log into the copier - swipe id, or key in username/password
- Select "main menu" button
- Select "scan"
- Select "send to myself" (or other email through address book)
- On the right hand panel select "PDF(compact)" this will open options
- Choose "PDF" then select "OCR (text searchable)" option
- (optionally/additionally, select 2 sided original if original is 2 sided)
- Put document into scanner (or place face down on glass)
- Push Start button (large green button)
- check your email - file should be there fairly quickly
- open PDF in acrobat - you should be able to select/search text now!
Knowledge Base Category: