The following instructions walk you through the process of exporting a video file appropriate for playback on the exhibition media players used at MCAD. These instructions require you have a finished high-quality version of your piece to start with- preferably as an MP4 file.
Before you export, check that the dimensions of your project are 1920 x 1080. Other dimensions will not play on Micca Speck Media players.
- Open Adobe Media Encoder
- Find your finished movie file on your computer and drag and drop it into the Queue pane of Media Encoder. (see image below)
- In the Queue window, directly under the file name. click on the first blue link and select H.264 as the Format.
- For the second blue text link, click and select Match Source - High bitrate as the Preset
- Under the third blue text link, click and select a location to save the new file to and a name for the file.
- When you're ready to export, click the green arrow button on the upper-right of the queue panel to start the encoding*.
For instructions on how to load this file up and play as a loop on a Micca Speck media player please see this link.
*Export name should not contain numbers or symbols, these characters may make the file unreadable on Micca Specks.